For Healthy, Fit Seniors…It’s Gotta be a Doughboy!
Swimming is fun for all ages and over the years, we have seen a large increase in the number of Senior Citizens purchasing Doughboy pools. Many of them grew up with a Doughboy in their backyard and simply want to share the backyard family fun tradition with their grandchildren! However, many of our Senior Citizens purchase a Doughboy pool to stay in shape.
Doctor’s recommend that Senior Citizens engage in at least 30 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise five times a week. Most widely recommended are low impact exercises that won't put too much stress on your bones or joints, which makes swimming the perfect exercise for seniors! Swimming exercises each muscle in the body, without causing pain to the knees and joints.
Additional Exercise Benefits Include:
- Strengthens heart and lungs
- Can lower blood pressure
- Helps protect against the start of adult-onset diabetes
- Strengthens bones, slowing down the process of osteoporosis
- Helps moving about more easily by keeping joints, tendons, and ligaments more flexible
- Helps lose or maintain weight by burning excess calories
- Contributes to good mental health by keeping you socially active
- Contributes to sleeping better
- Helps improves digestion
Purchasing a Doughboy Pool not only keeps Senior Citizens healthy, it also helps create backyard family fun for them to enjoy with their kids and grandkids!