We offer FREE water testing for pool and spa water. We need a pint of water in to us in a plastic water bottle or container and it is important that the pool or spa water has been circulated for an hour or so and for the sample to be drawn from elbows depth for more accurate test results. We need to know pool or spa gallonage if possible. If gallonage is not known, the size of the pool or spa and depth measurements would be helpful for us to make proper chemical dosage recommendations. Once we have the information entered into our water lab computer, we can run a water test, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. We then provide you with a computer print out of recommendations and a step-by-step guide.
We use the BioGuard Accuscan® Computerized Water Testing Equipment to test the water sample, which provides us with the most accurate results possible.
We test for:
- "pH" (The measurement that indicates the acidic or basic nature of the water)
- Chlorine and/or Bromine
- Total Alkalinity
- Calcium Hardness
- Chlorine Stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid)
- Total Dissolved Solids
- Salt Level (For Salt Generators)
- Ion Levels (For Ionized Pools)
- Copper and Iron levels (if needed)
- We also have the ability to check "Biguanide" sanitizer levels for people using Baquacil®, Baquaspa®, BioGuard Soft Soak® or Soft Swim®.
Our trained staff can also help troubleshoot concerns like:
- Algae infestation
- Discolored water
- Cloudy water
- Organic and inorganic contaminants in water
- And more.
By bringing in a sample, we can get you started with the right water balance and chemistry to keep the water crystal clear. A well balanced pool or spa helps protect your equipment and provides a healthy environment. We can also help educate you on proper equipment maintenance, filter cleaning, and pool sweep operation to maximize equipment support and minimize owner maintenance and chemical use.